1,731 total views, 2 views today
(Updated on 28/04/2021)
Feel that you may have narcissistic traits, or you know someone who may have it? Then take a look at the Maladaptive Covert Narcissism Scale test (taken from here). and submit your score in the survey box below.
Don’t worry, it is completely anonymous—no-one will know who you are.
The scoring on this test is a bit skewed. There should be a zero added to it which would equal does not apply at all. Technically, if someone has a healthy ego, they should score zero on nearly every question.
(Also, see how it ties in with the Sorensen self-esteem test.)
Please answer the following questions by deciding to what extent each item is characteristic of your feelings and behavior. Fill in the blank next to each item by choosing a number from the scale printed below.
1 = very uncharacteristic or untrue, strongly disagree
2 = uncharacteristic
3 = neutral
4 = characteristic
5 = very characteristic or true, strongly agree
1. I can become entirely absorbed in thinking about my personal affairs, my health, my cares or my relations to others.
2. My feelings are easily hurt by ridicule or by the slighting remarks of others.
3. When I enter a room I often become self-conscious and feel that the eyes of others are upon me.
4. I dislike sharing the credit of an achievement with others.
5. I feel that I have enough on my hands without worrying about other people’s troubles.
6. I feel that I am temperamentally different from most people.
7. I often interpret the remarks of others in a personal way.
8. I easily become wrapped up in my own interests and forget the existence of others.
9. I dislike being with a group unless I know that I am appreciated by at least one of those present.
10. I am secretly “put out” or annoyed when other people come to me with their troubles, asking me for my time and sympathy.
11. I am jealous of good-looking people.
12. I tend to feel humiliated when criticized.
13. I wonder why other people aren’t more appreciative of my good qualities.
14. I tend to see other people as being either great or terrible.
15. I sometimes have fantasies about being violent without knowing why.
16. I am especially sensitive to success and failure.
17. I have problems that nobody else seems to understand.
18. I try to avoid rejection at all costs.
19. My secret thoughts, feelings, and actions would horrify some of my friends.
20. I tend to become involved in relationships in which I alternately adore and despise the other
21. Even when I am in a group of friends, I often feel very alone and uneasy.
22. I resent others who have what I lack.
23. Defeat or disappointment usually shame or anger me, but I try not to show it.